Many iPhone and Android users are tired of receiving irrelevant messages on their mail. Some people resolve to sending fake messages to people to dupe them or other reasons. You might have also sign up on a site and they keep sending mail you don’t need to you. This article will help you on how to block Email from a user on your iPhone.
You don’t need to deactivate your Email account because of irrelevant messages. If you have fallen a victim of all this and you need a way out, you are in the right place. Blocking a particular Email sender is very easy to do, all you have to do is to follow the steps below. This article will also teach you on how to unblock a sender.
How To Block a Gmail Address on iPhone & Android
To block a sender on your Gmail, make sure you download Gmail from your Playstore and follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Go to the email sender you want to block and click on it.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the right corner
- Select block on the list shown
- Once you clicked on block, two dialog box will then display, “confirm” and” dismiss” click on” confirm” to block the sender.
After you have follow the steps above you won’t receive mail again from the sender. Any mail sent to you by the sender will automatically go to your spam queue.
It is very important to use Gmail App to block a sender, but can browse the mail with your normal phone browser. You can also use your laptop or computer to block a sender using the same steps above.
How To Unblock a Gmail Address
While trying to block a sender on your Gmail account you might mistakenly block another sender. Gmail gives you an opportunity to block and unblock a mail sender on your mail. If you mistakenly block a sender you can obviously unblock the person following simple steps. After you have unblock the person you will start receiving mail from the person again. Is that not a good news?
Now let’s go into the real business.
- Go to the top right corner of your phone screen, click the “gear icon” and select settings.
- Scroll to “filters and block addresses,” where you will see all the addresses you have blocked.
- At the right corner of the screen, click on “unblock”.
- After you clicked on it, a dialog box will appears, two options will surface to “unblock” and “cancel,” click unblock to confirm it.
After you have done this the sender can now send mail to you and you can also send to the person without any problem. Feel free to give us feedback and make sure you share this article on social media. Someone might need it.