It’s been four years now since the launch of Apple music. When this platform was launched, Amazon Alexa did not support it until years after. As of today, App Music now function well on Alexa and support Android devices starting from the OS version 4.3.
For those that want to enjoy their Apple Music with Alexa , this article will help you on how to link Apple Music with Alexa.
What Are The Requirements To Link Apply Music with Alexa Echo?
There are some basic things you will need to start enjoy your Apple Music via your Amazon Echo. All what you need are as follows.
- First setup Amazon Alexa on your phone or tab. It supports iOS and Android.
- Make sure you subscribe to Apple Music. For both Android and iOS phones.
- The key thing is that you must be in the US. Apple Music is not allowed in other countries.
How Can I Link Apple Music And Alexa?
To link your Apple Music to Alexa Echo you will need to connect the Alexa application in your Amazon Echo with your Apple Music. Follow the instructions to ensure that your Apple Music connect to Alexa. The instructions are below.
- Open your Amazon Alexa application on your Smartphone or Tab.
- Click the Menu button on Amazon Alexa’s main screen. (It’s the sandwich icon with triple horizontal lines).
- Then go to “Alexa Preferences” and click on tab and tgent click “Music” after.
- In the Music, locate and click on “Link New Service.”
- She the Apple Music by clicking on it.
- Finally click on “Enable To Use.”
After you have follow the instructions above you can now sign in with your App identification. If the sign in process is done on a new device, you will have to verify your identity with two-step verification which are your Apple ID password and a 6-digit code.
Another option is to include your Apple Music skill to your phone’s Alexa on alexa.amazon.com.
How To Make Apple Music Your Default Music Service
For those that love Apply Music, you can actually make it the default music service on your Amazon Echo speakers. The guidelines below will help you to skip voicing out “on Apple Music” anytime you want to listen to a tune or play your favorite podcast.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Click on your device Amazon Alexa application to open it.
- Select Menu ( this can be found in the upper-right corner).
- Then click “Settings.”
- Select “Music.”
- Go to Account Settings as soon as it open.
- Click on “Default Services.”
- Click on Apple Music from the list of music service on your screen.
As soon as you do this all your tracks will now be played via Apple Music if you do not specify the service. YouTube, Spotify and others can also be used, but you will have to decide on which one you want all the time.
How Can I Disconnect Apple Music From Alexa?
If you want to unsubscribe from Apple Music for one reason or another, or you don’t want Apple Music as your default music service on Amazon Alexa anymore. Follow this steps to do so.
- Open your Alexa app.
- Click Menu at the upper-right corner.
- In Menu, select “Settings.”
- After that, move to “Alexa Preferences.”
- Click “Apple Music.”
- Lastly, click on “Disable Skill.”
Now Apple Music will no longer be your default music service on your Alexa Echo speaker.