Sometimes you can get annoyed by too many messages on your device and decide to delete them. While doing so, you might mistakenly delete an important message. If you delete an important message you can actually get the message back on your iPhone by doing a little task. This article will teach you how to recover messages on iPhone.
You can bring back your deleted message on your iPhone so far you do back up your iPhone time to time. However, you might be required to erase some of your data to make this possible.
How To Recover Text Messages On An iPhone Using iCloud
If you set your iPhone to backup to iCloud you already take the first step in recovering deleted SMS on iPhone. To bring back your message all you have to do is to restore from iCloud. Doing this will take your device back to the time the message is on it. Just like traveling back in time.
One of the setbacks in this is that you might have to sign into some of your applications again. Sometimes you might also have to get rid of some data depending on how long the message was deleted. Follow the steps below to get your lost SMS back on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on your name at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Swipe down to choose iCloud Backup.
- Make sure you confirm that your phone is backed up recently.
- Go back to the Settings menu.
- Choose General.
- Swipe down and select “Reset.”
- Choose “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- From the options displayed, select “Erase Now.”
- Your iOS device will then reset to factory setting in minutes. A welcome screen will appear later to indicate that it’s done.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup” on the Apps and Data screen
- Sign in into iCloud to check backups and select the one you want to restore. A date will be on each backup to make it easy for you.
If this article is of help go you let others see it by sharing it on your social media accounts.